1911 Tacitcal
Please Login to Continue!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

1911 Tacitcal
Please Login to Continue!
1911 Tacitcal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martial Arts

3 posters

Go down

Martial Arts Empty Martial Arts

Post  Bull_127 Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:17 pm

Anyone actively practice any art forms?

I have a black belt in two different arts from when I was younger. Have not used it in 14 years or so. Way out of shape now, but if needed I think I could still remember a couple things.

Kyushojutsu (pressure point striking and manipulation) was one thing that stands out in my mind from my Shiho Karano Ru Karate days, the end of a knife or the damn thing Gabe stuck me in my arm with work well....hell even a ball point pen can do the trick in a SHTF scenario.

I was refreshing myself on some of the points the other day and it doesn't take much to put a big man down if given the chance at the right opening and angle.

Jiu Jitsu (under same Soke as my Karate Belt) was my other black belt.....christ if I get on the ground now to wrestle and try any submissions or throws, I'd probably die LOL...

It is still fun to lock the kids up in submission holds now and then LOL....
Bull_127
Bull_127
Admin

http://1911tactical.com

Back to top Go down

Martial Arts Empty Re: Martial Arts

Post  OldGuy Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:04 pm

Brown in Tae Kwon Do . . . over 30 years ago. Embarassed Embarassed

OldGuy
Just got here
Just got here

Back to top Go down

Post  CubaLibre1961 Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:43 am

Lol, I remember that.

Eskrima or Kali is very no nonsense, comon sense based stuff. You can find most of that info online. Shoot a simple Surfire can act as a self defense tool.

Aikido is another discipline to look at. Alot of throws and locks, just what you need in a face to face style scenario. Krav Maga is very good, it just depends on who's teaching it. Some guy's (I've heard) are not that good at it...
CubaLibre1961
CubaLibre1961
Just got here
Just got here

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum