1911 Tacitcal
Please Login to Continue!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

1911 Tacitcal
Please Login to Continue!
1911 Tacitcal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tactical Trauma Kits

4 posters

Go down

Tactical Trauma Kits Empty Tactical Trauma Kits

Post  HK91guitarfingers Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:08 pm

What is everybody using these days?

I have done a little research and picked up the following items the other day.

• Tactical Trauma Kit w/MOLLE Pouch (includes Special blood stopper kit gloves, Sterile wipes, Bandages, Shears and more)
  • CELOX Hemostat - 15 gram
  • CELOX Hemostat - 35 gram
  • CELOX-A (Applicator, 6 gr)

The CLEOX is similar to the Quick-Clot Hemostatic Agents, only better.

I figure that with firearms in the home it is always best to prepare for everything!
BTW, I also have a EMT box full of all of the family's First Aid needs, it's just easier having everything in one place!
HK91guitarfingers
HK91guitarfingers
Just got here
Just got here

Back to top Go down

Tactical Trauma Kits Empty Re: Tactical Trauma Kits

Post  OldGuy Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:41 pm

My tactical trauma kit consists of six magazines full of 230gr BJHP. Smile

Oh! Wait! You mean in case *I* get hurt . . lol!

I need to build one to fit in a thigh pouch. I almost always have our standard 'wilderness' kit close at hand, we spend a LOT of time out in the boonies either mountain biking, kayaking, or with the 4x4 truck so that's a definite necessity. But I'd sure like to gain the 'bullet wound insight from you all for that thigh kit's contents.

Snake bites, broken bones, stuff like that I know how to tend. .45ACP BJHP . . I'm kinda weak on treating that. scratch

OldGuy
Just got here
Just got here

Back to top Go down

Post  HK91guitarfingers Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:18 pm

1st off OldGuy, I would highly recommend one of the Sawyer Extractor Snake bite kits (less than $20)!
Tactical Trauma Kits 1016554

The Sawyer Extractor is considered the Number 1 Emergency Snake Bite kit made. The Sawyer Extractor is recommended by guides and and outdoor experts. The Extractor is so effective it works on Snake bites, bee stings, spider bites, scorpions stings and other insect bites.
You can find these in the camping supplies areas of WalMart.

� No cutting needed
� Replaces old-fashioned rubber suction cup kits
� Easy to use, one hand operation
� Powerful, yet safe, 750 millibars of suction
� Kit includes: bandages, antiseptic, safety razor, plus "The Bite Book Facts About Poisonous Bites"

I would also pick up some CELOX Hemostat.
This stuff is unreal as far as what it can do.
Test have shown it to completely stop the bleeding from a main Arterial wound!

Tactical Trauma Kits 05165
CELOX is a new high-performance hemostatic material. It is a proprietary marine biopolymer chitosan designed to stop high-volume arterial bleeding. CELOX is suitable for many applications, from deep arterial bleeds to superficial wounds.

Controls Major Arterial Bleeding
CELOX’s unusual properties have been confirmed in wound models, where they have repeatedly demonstrated the ability to rapidly control major arterial bleeding (without cautery) from traumatic wounds. The granular presentation provides a simple, quick way to stop bleeding and is particularly useful in treating difficult and deep wounds. A clot forms at the site of the injured blood vessel within minutes after pouring the product into the wound. Excess granules form a gelled mass to protect the clot. The gelled material is easy to remove.

No Known Side Effects
CELOX does not generate any heat, produce burning, nor does it embed itself into the wound. Even though CELOX is derived from shellfish, it does not cause allergic reaction.

Works on All Blood Temperatures
CELOX works whether blood temperature is 98.7°F (37.05°C) or 65.4 F (18.5 °C).

Works on Heparinized Blood
CELOX works on heparinized blood because it works independently of the blood clotting factors.

Lightweight, Portable, Easy to Administer
CELOX granules are lightweight, packaged in sterilized, sealed packets which are easy and fast to open. CELOX is poured into the wound and held down with gauze for 5 minutes. A compression bandage is then wrapped over the gauze covered wound and patient is transported.

You can find this product at;

Chinook Medical Gear, Inc.
HK91guitarfingers
HK91guitarfingers
Just got here
Just got here

Back to top Go down

Post  OldGuy Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:51 pm

Wow. It'd be cheaper to just die than buy Celox. Laughing pale affraid

OldGuy
Just got here
Just got here

Back to top Go down

Post  HK91guitarfingers Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:12 pm

OldGuy wrote:

Maybe, it's sure cheaper to die than to pay taxes!

I picked the Trauma Kit & CELOX because I am going to a Concealed Weapons Class (my State requires the class for a concealed weapons lic.) that is located at a private party's home 20 miles away from BFE!
Granted the instructor is a State and NRA Certified Instructor, it's the rest of the class I can not be sure of!

They are all Co-Workers, but I have no idea if they are competent handling firearms!
NOTE: They all insist they are, I just don't believe anyone anymore (I'm getting on in years myself).

Anyway, I figured that if I am paying $150 for the class (the going rate in these parts), I can spend some $$$ on the CELOX just to make sure I can come home!

BTW, it should be a pretty good experience, we get breakfast, lunch and I am also taking my pet HK91 to shoot after the class is finished.
HK91guitarfingers
HK91guitarfingers
Just got here
Just got here

Back to top Go down

Post  Bull_127 Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:30 pm

OldGuy wrote:

small price to pay to save your life in an emergency Neutral
Bull_127
Bull_127
Admin

http://1911tactical.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bull_127 Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:35 pm

HK91guitarfingers wrote:
OldGuy wrote:

Maybe, it's sure cheaper to die than to pay taxes!

I picked the Trauma Kit & CELOX because I am going to a Concealed Weapons Class (my State requires the class for a concealed weapons lic.) that is located at a private party's home 20 miles away from BFE!
Granted the instructor is a State and NRA Certified Instructor, it's the rest of the class I can not be sure of!

They are all Co-Workers, but I have no idea if they are competent handling firearms!
NOTE: They all insist they are, I just don't believe anyone anymore (I'm getting on in years myself).

Anyway, I figured that if I am paying $150 for the class (the going rate in these parts), I can spend some $$$ on the CELOX just to make sure I can come home!

BTW, it should be a pretty good experience, we get breakfast, lunch and I am also taking my pet HK91 to shoot after the class is finished.

enjoy yourself out there bro. Sounds like a good time. Congrats on the upcoming CCW cherry
Bull_127
Bull_127
Admin

http://1911tactical.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CubaLibre1961 Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:17 am

Honestly I would suggest (now don't laugh) Vaseline and Crazy glue. You would be surprised what you could pull of with those two.
CubaLibre1961
CubaLibre1961
Just got here
Just got here

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum